A Budget Analyst wanted for a real estate developer. The company is located in Edison, New Jersey. Friendwell Group of Companies is a privately held, full service real estate acquisitions, development and management company. It is a steady-growth oriented real estate acquisition and property management group of companies engaged in the ownership and operation of a highly productive portfolio of hotels, shopping centers, and office buildings, in Taiwan, Japan, and the Eastern United States. Friendwell Group has over 20 years of real estate investment acquisition and development history.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- MBA/MS in any field related to Finance/Accounting
- At least 1-year experience in the job offer or any occupation related to budget, forecast and financial analysis
- Examine budget estimates for accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Assist the Procurement Committee to summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds requests.
- Support each group leader with specific analysis examining financial contribution of various company-wide projects through capital budgeting and fixed asset monitoring.
- Examine current capital project progress in conjuncture with consolidated financial statements to assist in property cashflow management.
- Analyze monthly department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls and build financial projections for 1) current year, 2) five-year forecast, and 3) other ad hoc programs and specific scenarios.
- Monitor corporate cost against budgets and reforecasts highlighting areas of overspend and assist the various properties/business groups in the costs tracking and variance explanations.
- Confer with management to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with project changes and proactively identify opportunities/risks to ensure they are properly reflected in budget documentation.
- Perform cost/benefit analyses for major capital improvement projects such as hotel product improvement plans, property development/expansions, fixed asset renovation, etc.
- Contribute to the implementation of business and system projects as identified by the management to improve financial control, as well as ad-hoc projects defined by the management.
Specific skills and other requirements:
- Must have knowledge of
● Financial Modeling and Corporate Valuation
● Risk Management
● Capital Budgeting
● MS Excel (Pivot Tables, Dashboards, and VBA macros) and other MS Suite Applications. Written tests will be given.
- Must have taken at least 3 credits of course work each: International Business, Corporate Finance, and Managerial Accounting.
- Prior experience must include:
● Progressive financial experience in multinational company setting
● Ability to lead and interact with problem-solving using financial analytical skills.
Mail resume to Patricia, Friendwell Management USA LLC. 2035 Lincoln Hwy, suite 2150, Edison, NJ 08817. Pls refer Job Code: QC2019.